Office 365 Education is a collection of services that allows you to collaborate and share your schoolwork. It’s available for free to teachers who are currently working at an academic institution and to students who are currently attending an academic institution. The service includes Office Online, OneDrive online file storage, Yammer, and SharePoint sites. This service also allows teachers and students to install the full Office applications on up to 5 PCs or Macs for free.
To log into Office 365, navigate your web browser to http://me.sd42.ca and log in using your your district credentials. For staff, this is your firstname_lastname then click TAB and enter your district password, for students please log in using your Student ID# and your district password.
Sample uses of Office 365 for Teachers and Students:
- Students can store their school work in their OneDrive in order to access them from school and home computers.
- Office Online can be used to compose and edit Microsoft Office documents on tablets and other devices that don’t have the apps installed.
For more ideas on uses of Office 365 Education, see the Learning Hub here.
Installing Microsoft Office for Free on student/teacher personal computer(s):
Users of Office 365 Education can install Microsoft Office on their Mac or PC for free. To install Microsoft Office:
- Log into http://me.sd42.ca.
- Click on “Install Office” on top right of screen shown
- Select “Office 365 apps” and follow the prompts to install.
*Note that this page also provides links for you to obtain iOS, Android and Windows mobile apps.