A student’s application must include the following:
• Most recent school transcript of grades (in-term transcript acceptable for secondary students applying)*
• Post-secondary application form (if applicable)
• Cover letter indicating motivation and interest in program
• School District No. 42 application form
• Cheque payable to School District No. 42 in the amount of $75 (non-refundable)
• Photocopy of birth certificate if you are new to the school district
Can any student apply?
Students must be enrolled in a course of study that will lead to Grade 12 graduation upon completion of high school.
Can I register in a program that is not located at my home school?
A student can register in an academy or partnership program at a school other than their home school. They can “cross enrol” (be enrolled at both schools) and graduate from their home school.
Does the district offer a bus service for cross enrolled students?
This service is no longer offered. Students are responsible for finding their own way (via public transit or private vehicle) to and from their home school to their partnership school.
Can I get help completing my application package?
Ask the work experience coordinator, career planning assistant, or your school counsellor for assistance in completing your application package.