Following a public consultation process, the Board of Education approved the 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2022/23 District School Calendars at its regular public meeting on April 15, 2020. In accordance with School Calendar Regulation, the calendar have been submitted to the Ministry of Education and Child Care.
The School Act requires that all school districts in British Columbia develop their own school calendars. School calendars must provide the minimum number of prescribed instructional hours identified in the School Calendar Regulation B.C. Reg. 314/12.
2022/23 District School Calendars (Amended)
Includes Regular District School Calendar, Distributed Learning, and Kanaka Creek Elementary
2022-2023 District School Calendar (regular and Distributed Learning)
The Amended 2022-2023 District School Calendar (both regular and Distributed Learning) includes the following:
- a two-week winter break from Monday, December 19 to Friday, December 30, 2022;
- one-week of schools not-in-session from Monday, March 13 to Friday, March 17, 2023 followed by one week of spring break from Monday, March 20 to Friday, March 24, 2023;
- with the last day for students being Thursday, June 29, 2023.
View the 2022/23 District School Calendar.
2022-2023 Kanaka Creek Elementary Calendar
The Amended 2022-2023 Kanaka Creek Elementary Calendar includes the following:
- a four-week winter break from Monday, December 5 to Friday, December 30, 2022;
- a four-week spring break from Monday, April 3 to Friday, April 28, 2023;
- with the last day for students being Wednesday, July 26, 2023.
View the 2022/23 Kanaka Creek Elementary Calendar.