A student’s application must include the following:
• Most recent school transcript of grades (in term transcript acceptable for secondary students applying)*
• Post secondary application form (if applicable)
• Cover letter indicating motivation and interest in program
• School District No. 42 application form
• Cheque payable to School District 42 in the amount of $75 (non-refundable)
• Photocopy of birth certificate if you are new to the school district
If you are age 19 or over you will require a Criminal Record Check which must be attached to your application. You get this done at the Ridge Meadows Police Station at a cost of $55. It may take more than a few days to have your check completed.
Can any student apply?
Students must be enrolled in a course of study that will lead to Grade 12 graduation upon completion of high school.
Can adults and graduated students apply?
Adults and graduated student may also apply to any of the programs the district offers, subject to available space.
Can I register in a program that is not located at my home school?
A student can register in an academy or partnership program at a school other than their home school. They can “cross enroll” (be enrolled at both schools) and graduate from their home school.
Does the district offer a bus service for cross enrolled students?
This service is no longer offered. Students are responsible for finding their own way (via public transit or private vehicle) to and from their home school to their partnership school.
Can I get help completing my application package?
Ask the work experience coordinator, career planning assistant, or your school counselor for assistance in completing your application package.