The Board believes all students are entitled to learn together in an inclusive environment for their shared benefit. Inclusive schools celebrate uniqueness and diversity and enhance the dignity and self-respect of all students.
- have environments that are flexible, provide for age-appropriate placement, transcend location and support student learning;
- have educators who seek to understand and accommodate the diverse learning needs of all students to support individual academic, social, and personal growth;
- actively support, promote, and welcome collaborative consultation with parents/guardians and all educational partners;
- require a flexible learning environment where curriculum adaptations and modifications are assumed, ensuring curriculum relevance and accessibility for all students;
- actively work with other agencies and community organizations to facilitate access to services for children and families.
For more information, visit our Learning Services page.
Learning Services works in partnership with schools, families, and the community to promote student success. We value inclusion, collaboration, diversity, and individual achievement. In working towards this mission, Learning Services will:
- Promote the inclusiveness of all students within local schools
- Treat each person as valued and unique, with dignity and respect
- Recognize the classroom teacher as central to student success
- Collaborate with school teams and parents in developing and monitoring individual education and support plans
- Ensure that the policies, processes, and structures of Learning Services promote quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and accessibility
- Continue to engage in self-reflective learning opportunities that focus on evolving best practice
- Collaborate to maximize student success
- Develop and promote effective communication networks