At its regular public meeting on March 9, 2016, the Board of Education approved the 2016/17 and 2017/18 District School Calendars. In accordance with School Calendar Regulation, the calendars were submitted to the Ministry of Education for approval.
The School Act requires that all school districts in British Columbia develop their own school calendars. School calendars must provide the minimum number of prescribed instructional hours identified in the School Calendar Regulation B.C. Reg. 314/12.
For 2018/19 and 2019/20 District School Calendars, click here.
2017/18 District School Calendar (Includes Distributed Learning)
The 2017/18 District School Calendar (both regular and Distributed Learning) includes the following:
- a two (2) week Christmas break from Monday, December 25 to Friday, January 5, 2018;
- a two (2) week spring break from Monday, March 12 to Friday, March 23, 2018;
- a one (1) day not in session to coincide with the Family Day holiday on Friday, February 9, 2018. (This will be an optional training day for 10 month CUPE employees).
View the 2017/18 District School Calendar.
2017/18 Kanaka Creek Elementary Calendar (Balanced Calendar)
The 2017/18 School Calendar for Kanaka Creek Elementary includes the following:
- a four (4) week Christmas break from Monday, December 11 to Friday, January 5, 2018;
- a four (4) week spring break from Monday, April 2 to Friday, April 27, 2018;
- with the last day for students being Wednesday, July 25, 2018.
View the 2017/18 School Calendar for Kanaka Creek Elementary.