- Our District
- 2015-2016 School District Calendar
- Appeal Process
- Apple Online Store SD42
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Fair Notice
- Fair Play Codes
- Forms and Payments Portal
- Inclement Weather procedures
- Kindergarten Registration
- Online Resources
- Reporting and Assessment
- School Locator
- Student Transportation
- Student Registration
- Aboriginal Education
- Alternate Education
- Continuing Education
- Early Learning Curriculum
- Environmental School Elementary
- Environmental School Secondary
- International Baccalaureate program
- Inquiry Program
- Educational Options
- French Immersion
- Literacy iPod Program
- Odyssey Program (K-7)
- Online Learning SD42
- Ready Set Learn Events
- Secondary School Apprenticeships
- StrongStart Centres
- Student Support Services
- Summer Learning 2016
- SWIS (Settlement Workers in Schools)
- Trades Partnership Programs
- Board of Education
- Contact Us
- IT Helpdesk
2015- 2016 School Bus Transportation
The following schools receive regular school bus service:
- Highland Park Elementary;
- Webster’s Corners Elementary;
- Whonnock Elementary;
- Garibaldi Secondary;
- Pitt Meadows Secondary; and
- Samuel Robertson Secondary.
Discontinuation of Regular Student Transportation
starting September 2016
Starting September 2016, the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District will be discontinuing regular student transportation. Transportation services for students with special needs will continue.
Why was this decision made?
Like many other school districts in the province, the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District has had to make many service-level reductions over the past several years due to a number of cost pressures beyond its control.
During the 2014/15 budget process, after several years of deep cuts that had created an instability in the system, the Board had to choose between increasing class sizes for a third consecutive year and adversely affecting all students across the district, or discontinuing regular student busing and affecting those families in remote rural communities who used the school district’s transportation services.
After a robust public consultation process, the Board ultimately made the difficult decision to discontinue regular student busing. To give families time to plan for this change, the Board delayed the discontinuation of this service until September 2016.
Download the Discontinuation of Regular Student Transportation Services document (this will be hyperlinked to the other attached document) for a full overview of the pressures that led to the decision to discontinue regular student busing.
What steps is the school district taking to support those families who relied on regular student busing?
We recognize that the discontinuation of regular student transportation will pose a challenge for some families in remote rural communities whose children use this service, and are taking a number of steps to mitigate some of these challenges.
- Our community coordinator will be working with local agencies to provide before and after school activities and programming in the affected schools. Details about these services will be communicated to parents and posted to this page as soon as they are available.
- We have offered elementary school students who use regular student transportation (Webster’s Corners and Whonnock) first priority to transfer into Albion elementary, where some spots at a number of different grade levels have opened up starting September 2016.
- We will be offering an annual $215 transportation subsidy to low-income families.
- We will continue to work with the City of Maple Ridge to lobby TransLink to improve public transportation services in our community.
Busing Survey: First Student Canada
School bus transportation provider First Student Canada is exploring the possibility of offering school bus service in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows for a fee for the 2016-17 school year, and has prepared a survey to determine how many parents would be interested in this service.
To take this brief survey, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BCVRZVH. The survey will close at 4pm on Friday, May 20, 2016.
|route 1 Whonnock El.pdf||328.31 KB||262||4 hours 19 min ago|
|route 2 Whonnock El.pdf||260.21 KB||234||1 day 12 hours ago|
|route 3 HP PMSS.pdf||343.91 KB||230||1 day 10 hours ago|
|route 4 Webster's Corners El.pdf||174.42 KB||267||12 min 18 sec ago|
|route 5 GSS.pdf||249.61 KB||407||5 days 5 hours ago|
|route 6 GSS.pdf||253.25 KB||363||17 hours 49 min ago|
|route 7 GSS.pdf||253.38 KB||241||3 hours 59 min ago|
|route 8 SRT Webster's Corners El.pdf||338 KB||276||2 days 3 hours ago|
|route 9 GSS.pdf||332.07 KB||250||6 hours 51 min ago|
|route 10 GSS.pdf||248.05 KB||460||1 day 6 hours ago|
|route 11 GSS.pdf||337.42 KB||432||1 day 9 hours ago|